The cake is a classic dessert, which has been part of our kitchen for a long time. The preparation of the cake is standard. It requires a specific line of ingredients preparation and their combination. Using cocoa powder and melted chocolate creates an irresistible taste for all chocolate lovers. It is the right dessert after a light dinner or as part of the menu during a family party.
- all purpose flour - 300 g
- granulated sugar - 240 g
- cocoa powder - 100 g
- eggs - 4
- unsalted butter - 100 g
- dark chocolate - 150 g
- yogurt - 1 cup
- baking soda - 1 teaspoon
- In a deep bowl add four eggs and granulated sugar. With the help of the hand mixer (or the non-electric egg mixer) beat for about 5-10 minutes until the sugar granules are completely dissolved and until the volume of the mass is nearly doubled. (A creamy mass is formed).
- In the bowl add the melted butter (at room temperature) and mix well until a homogeneous mass is formed (all ingredients are mixed with each other).
- Meanwhile, in another bowl add flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Mix and gradually add them to the butter and sugar bowl. While adding the all purpose flour, also add the yogurt little by little.
- While adding the all purpose flour and the yogurt, make sure to mix slowly from the top down in order to maintain the volume. (This is a very important instruction, as it affects the softness of the cake).
- Put the prepared dough in a previously buttered pan and bake it at a temperature of 320 ° F (160 ° C) for 30-40 minutes.
- To check if the cake is baked well enough (without pulling the pan out), pierce the dough with a knife. If the knife comes out clean, the cake is cooked enough. If the knife comes out unclean (with dough), the cake must be baked for a few more minutes.
- After pulling the cake from oven, let it cool at room temperature. Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, top it with the melted chocolate and dry fruits as desired.