Making homemade mayonnaise is easy, and it tastes better than most store-bought versions. In addition, you can choose to include only healthy ingredients in your mayo. This way, you can avoid the refined vegetable oils that most commercial brands use. You can also experiment with your mayo, adding many different ingredients and flavors. Here is a very basic recipe to make your own homemade mayonnaise:
- In a container throw the egg yolks, salt, a little white pepper, vinegar and begin to mix them with an electric mixer (or egg beater).
- While continuing the process of mixing, add the oil in the container little by little.
- * Caution! For a good mayonnaise is important that the oil and eggs are at room temperature.
- Add lemon juice in the container with the prepared measure and continue to beat with a mixer until a homogeneous and thick mass.
- * Attention! All the time, during we add the ingredients amount we should mix it with the electric mixer (or egg beater).