The combination of dark chocolate and white chocolate’s taste is undoubtedly the "forte" of this dessert. “Marble Cake" is a recipe, where the contrast of colors and flavors turn it to be one of the most consumed desserts. It is the right choice in those cases when you host friends or family members who have different tastes.
- all purpose flour - 300 g
- granulated sugar - 240 g
- eggs - 4
- unsalted butter - 100 g
- yogurt - 1 cup
- dark chocolate - 100 g
- white chocolate - 100 g
- baking soda - 1 coffee spoon
- In a deep bowl add four eggs and sugar. With the help of the hand mixer (or the egg mixer, not electric) beat the eggs for 5-10 minutes until the sugar granules are completely dissolved and until the volume of the mass is almost doubled (a creamy mass is formed).
- In the bowl add the melted butter (at room temperature) and mix well until a homogeneous mass is formed (all ingredients are mixed with each other).
- Meanwhile, in another bowl add all purpose flour and baking soda. Mix and gradually add them to the bowl with butter and sugar. While adding the flour, little by little add the yogurt too.
- While adding the all purpose flour and yogurt,make sure to mix slowly from the top down, in order to maintain the volume. (This is a very important instruction, as it affects the softness of the cake).
- Divide the dough into two equal parts. In one part add dark chocolate (melted) and mix well until the chocolate is mixed with the dough. In the other one add white chocolate (melted) and do the same as above.
- In the previously buttered pan place the dough in this way: add a spoonful of dark chocolate dough, a spoonful of white chocolate dough, and repeat this until the end. (The two types of dough should not be mixed with each other).
- Once the preparation of the pan is finished, bake it at a temperature of 320 ° F (160 ° C) for 30-40 minutes.
- To check if the cake is baked well enough (without pulling the pan out), pierce the dough with a knife. If the knife comes out clean, the cake is cooked enough. If the knife comes out unclean (with dough), the cake must be baked for a few more minutes.