Soft Vanilla Sugar Cookies
- all purpose flour - 175 g
- unsalted butter - 100 g
- granulated sugar - 100 g
- eggs - 1 egg's yolk
- vanilla extract - 2 teaspoons
- baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Take the unsalted butter and granulated sugar in a deep bowl and stir them well, until there is no granular sugar. It is important that the butter is at room temperature, so, before using it, take it from the refrigerator an hour before.
- Add the egg's yolk and continue stirring.
- Add all purpose flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and stir until a dough is formed.
- Cover it with kitchen paper and leave it idle for about 30 minutes.
- Press the dough with the help of the rolling pin, sprinkling it with all purpose flour, until the dough gets 5 mm thick. (Do not exceed the flour amount, because the more flour it has, the stronger the cookies will get).
- Using a glass, cut the dough into round shapes and put them in the buttered pan.
- Bake them in the oven for 12–15 minutes at 360 °F (180 °C).